Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thing #7 - Photosharing - Picasa/Facebook

I decided to do something different for Thing #7, instead of Flicker, I just used my Picasa account. Picasa is part of Google and I don't like to just open accounts for the sake of opening another, when I already have one.

Now in my title, I used also put Facebook in there as well. In my family, we put pictures of family and share them with our friends and family. There is also some editing ability with Facebook, but obviously not as much as with Flickr and Picasa.


Now, by using a Google based product, I would imaging that you could simple share photos with your students, to create sort of a "mini-cloud-photo-network." Student could then access their work 24/7.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is very true that opening several accounts and not using them all the time is a pain. Knowing that the district is moving towards Google, using Picasa is something that we should share on the 23 things page.

Mr. Marabeas said...

You need to check out Flipbook for the iPad. You can be in several accounts all in one page. Sort of like rss for everything. I'm in it right now and I'm able to read the Free Press, check websites, check my Google Reader account and eve post to blogs without ever leaving the app. Really cool.

Unknown said...

I already explored Flickr. At some point, I might want to explore Picasa. Since this is part of Google, it seems that it might be easier to have everything in one place, with Google.