Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thing #3 Blog

A Blog can be a very helpful thing, especially for a classroom, especially for our Middle School Students who would rather look for on their phone or computer than look at it in a book. What did we do in class today, or what was that the Teacher was talking about.

Students can ask questions and hopefully spur a discussion where other students will answer each other questions. It could be a beautiful thing.

As Educators become more comfortable communicating with their students via electronic means, I think you'll see student interaction become more increased. Why, because they're comfortable with technology. It's the over 40 year old educators that's would fall in to the category of note being savvy with the Internet. Even myself, I see myself getting left in the dust, when I don't take time to try new things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with it all. I would espcially like to use my classroom blog for assignments and discussion. My question is what do you do with the students who do not have access to a computer outside of school (or parents who are unable to take their children to the library to use the internet there)? Have them work on an alternative assignment?

Unknown said...

Many parents are always looking for ways to help their children. Having a useful blog will give parents a way to support their children and be involved.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.